Lecter.org

Web Lecter.org
forum tech live tribe humor hearticles portfolio fotos new linkage

Go Back   Lecter.org > General News > News

Old 12-18-2003, 05:49 PM   #1
Lecter
Admin

Lecter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Lecter Send a message via AIM to Lecter Send a message via MSN to Lecter Send a message via Yahoo to Lecter
Unhappy Sad news for SoundJam fans. :(

Just got the following in an e-mail ad from Casady & Greene:

SoundJam Special Announcement Casady & Greene Inc. will cease publication of SoundJam MP as of June 1, 2001 at the request of the developers. We believe that SoundJam MP will continue to give our customers long and useful service, and in keeping with our philosophy of putting our customers first, Casady & Greene will continue to offer tech support to SoundJam MP owners. The SoundJam development team is now working for Apple on their popular iTunes jukebox software, and will continue to work on exciting and innovative products for Mac users.

Casady & Greene Inc. continues as publishers of Mac Care Unit, Conflict Catcher, Spell Catcher, Chaos Master, and Grammarian in addition to our games. We feel that those of you who are able to purchase SoundJam MP Plus before its necessary cessation are indeed fortunate.

I love Sound Jam, and I prefer it over iTunes (given the current iterations of both). I sort of saw this coming when the Sound Jam programmers were hired by Apple, but I also expected C & G to hire new people to work on Sound Jam. But now it looks like it won't be carbonised or even updated at all.

I'm off to play some sad mp3s in mourning.
Lecter is offline   Reply With Quote